November 4, 2013

LIVING ROOM DESIGN

So, I know I said I was going to figure out Photoshop and start using it for design boards.  I haven't gotten around to it...and I think that's why there's been a little lull in my posts.  Probably does't matter either way though, I don't know that anyone reads my blog (yet?)!

Anyhow, I really wanted to share my ideas for the living room in the new house.  I really want a nice, big, cozy, camel colored leather sofa.  The one on my wishlist is the Belgian track arm sofa from Restoration Hardware:


I love this sofa.  I will never own fabric upholstery.  The only way to go with kids and dogs is leather or slipcovered.

Here's the rug I'll be using.  It will be layered over a natural jute rug to give adequate size for the room.


The sofa will face the fireplace and I'll have two chairs on one side next to it (so that the chairs/sofa make an L shape).  On the opposite corner of the room, sort of next to the fireplace, I'll have another chair...hopefully wingback.  It seems like it should be some sort of wingback anyway since it'll be placed next to the fireplace.

All the rest of the furniture in this room is TBD.  All three of the chairs will be slipcovered.  I want a pretty good sized coffee table sitting in the middle of the room.  I'd like the coffee table to be made out of reclaimed wood.  I just love that look.

Here's a little inspiration, obviously I'm going for sort of an eclectic look:







Here's my super unorganized design board I've been playing with for this room:


The fireplace wall will have white horizontal planking on it.  The mantel will be a chunky stained piece of milled lumber from the property.  There will be matching dressers flanking the fireplace.  Oh, and my husband's grandma has a giant pair of elk antlers in her attic, I just need to figure out how to get them from Oregon to Alaska.  Ignore the chairs, ottoman, lamp and end table shown.  I'm not sure what I want here and was just playing with ideas here.  I'm in love with the blue velvet on the sofa in the first inspiration picture.  I might try and use some of that on the two matching chairs.  Wanting that blue velvet has me re-thinking the dark blue/grey cabinets I planned on using in the kitchen since the kitchen/dining/living rooms are basically one big room.  I'm thinking an all white kitchen now, but that's for another post...



No comments:

Post a Comment