October 14, 2013

NEW DIGS SERIES: MASTER BATH DESIGN

I keep going back and forth about the feeling I want the master bath to have.  At first I wanted to use marble tile in the large shower and on the floor.  Then I thought about the yellow/orange colored soap that my husband absolutely has to use daily and how we would end up with yellow stains all over the marble in our shower.  First off, let me show you the plan for the master bath:


Here's the elevation view of the vanity:


You can ignore the cabinet codes at the bottom.  And the sconces I've shown are going to be a different style.  The cabinets will be shaker style.  I don't think I mentioned that in my kitchen post, but all the cabinets in the house will be the same style...varying only in color.

Here's the look I'm going for in the bathroom:








I like the black hex tiles on the floors, subway tile on the shower walls, white paint, and cabinet color is tbd.  I'll either use white painted cabinets for the vanity or maybe a medium brown stain...warm or grayish...I'm not sure which direction I'm leaning but I definitely think the room needs some warmth with all the black floors.  Some sort of wood has to go in here. Cabinet hardware will be oil rubbed bronze, faucets and lighting will be vintage brass.  Countertops will be the same marble or light quartz that will be in the kitchen.

Here's a super messy design board showing all the materials/hardware I've picked out for the bathroom:


I'll probably put some sort of furniture on the empty wall...maybe a small wooden vanity with a seat?  Maybe a slipper chair?  I guess it all depends on what I have room for.  I'm so excited for this room.  Right now we live in a 1,000 square foot two bedroom home and the word cramped is an understatement.  The four of us share one bathroom slash laundry room and it's a pain in the rear.  To have a separate master bathroom is going to be h.e.a.v.e.n.  Oh, and the separate toilet room...awesomeness...just keeping it real here.

No comments:

Post a Comment